Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dream #4

Dream Number Four: 
to pour a little life into a few girls. 

No society is perfect but it is especially hard to be a young girl in ours. Almost every, if not every girl, deals with some sort of pain or confusion. Usually these work together to create a chaos that we become all to familiar with. You see, as girls mature our emotions springboard into insanity. When this first happens it seems like the end of the world, we soon learn it is not. As time goes on we get used to the insanity. We realize that most of the pain we obsess over really means nothing. It is the pain we suppress that means a great deal. We learn that life is more complicated and confusing than we once thought. Each girl learns a different lesson depending on her past, present and future. 

None of this is horrible, we can learn a great deal of good from all the insanity. The horrible part comes in what our society puts on these girls. They are told they must be controlled and put together, after all no one wants an overly emotional girl, right?  I agree, but the answer is not putting unrealistic ideals on our girls. The answer is listening to every "end of the world" and showing them God in it. The answer is walking through life with them. The answer is loving them. 

You see it is through my mentors that I have come to see my "end of the worlds" are really not even a bump in the road. They have also showed me that my "everything's okays" are really not so okay at all and they walked me through them. I have grown and matured with them by my side. 

I want to be this for other girls. I want them to feel free with me. I want them to feel open. I want them to know that I care. And I want to show them God. This is my dream. 

2 comments: