Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Short Story {On My Own #2}

There is so much I could share with you, fifty post worth. 
{I won't do that to you}
However, I would like to share with you a short story I just wrote.
Disclaimer: This is purely fictional, not based on any reality. Simply based on a passion of mine. I wrote this because of everything Biola has encouraged me with. They are encouraging me to react to injustice. I cannot imagine a better place to learn to be on my own.


There once was a boy and a girl. They weren't close friends. Merely acquaintances really. But boy was intrigued by girl. She was different. One day boy asked girl, "What do you want with your life?" Girl was taken back, she had never really talked to boy. She looked him in the eyes and stated, "I want to end sex-trafficking." Boy was all the more intrigued, "And how do you plan on doing that?" Girl sighed, "That is the question isn't it." Boy continued, "Yes, it is. So, what is the answer?" Girl mused, "Through my pen. Through patience and persistence. Mostly through Gods love." Continuing still, boy asked, "Do you think you can really do it. Do you think you can end it?" "No", girl answered.  Boy thought this was quiet curious, "Well, why do something you don't think you can accomplish?" he reasoned. Girl looked at the ground intently, "Because I have to." 
When injustice is being committed, react.
When a passion is stirred don't stop it.
When God calls, follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment